Are you also one of those users who wish to import OST to Gmail? Then, you have reached the right place. This blog will discuss various methods to transfer Microsoft Outlook OST files into Gmail. Moreover, we will also mention possible reasons for importing Outlook OST files to the Gmail email client. But before moving further, we will learn about OST files and how it works.
OST or Offline Outlook Data File is commonly used in various account types, Office 365, IMAP, and Exchange Server, to save and configure a copy of your mailbox information to your local system. In addition, users can use Outlook offline, but they won’t be able to share or receive any emails. Now, we will discuss some reasons for migrating OST files to Gmail.
Reasons to Import OST Files to Gmail?
- Gmail has an in-built feature to create a backup of your emails.
- Additionally, it also secures against the loss of data and emails.
- Mostly Outlook OST files are kept on the external hard drive.
- In fact, there is a high chance of attacking viruses and malware at a wide range.
Here are some common reasons to import OST files into Gmail. Now, we will learn some methods for the same.
How to Import OST to Gmail?
There is no straightforward procedure to migrate Outlook OST files into Gmail. Moreover, you can go and follow the solution in an indirect way. First of all, you have to import your OST file to PST, and then the newly created PST file is transferred to Gmail.
Locate OST Files on the System
- Open Outlook > File tab > Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Now, hold down the Data Files tab, select any OST file > Open File Location button.
The location of the OST files are:
Moreover, the AppData folder may be hidden. As a result, you need to unhide it first. For this, click the View tab > Options in C:\Users\user. After that, move to the View icon, extend Hidden files and folders, then choose Show Hidden files, folders, and drives.
Export the OST files into PST File Format.
Here, we will discuss a procedure to convert OST files to PST.
Follow the Below Steps to Get your Answer.
- Open the MS Outlook application > Navigate the File menu > Open & Export > Import/Export wizard.
- After that, choose the Export to a file option and click the Next button.
- Moving ahead, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click the Next button.
- Now, hold down the email account you wish choose the item you want to export as a PST file and click the Next button.
- Then, click the Browse button to download the newly created PST file as per the desired destination path and click the Finish button.
Your OST file has been exported as a PST file.
Import PST File to Gmail Through the GSMMO Tool
Follow the Below Procedure to Complete the Solution.
- First, download and launch Microsoft Outlook for G Suite Migration program on your system.
- After that, mention the necessary login credentials and click the Continue button.
- Here you can see that the default browser’s sign-in window will be open.
- Moving ahead, GSMMO requires you to view your Google account, and a pop-up will appear. Scroll your mouse towards the bottom, and then click the Allow button.
- Afterwards, you will get a confirmation message.
- A new box will open. Now, visit the drop-down list and select From the PST file(s) option. Click the Next button.
- You have to go to that location where all your PST files from Outlook are saved.
- Now, click the Next button.
- Highlight the migration settings as per your requirement and click on the migrate button.
- Moreover, the conversion process will begin. It consumes some time and depends upon the size of your files or folder.
This is the manual procedure to import OST to Gmail. To avoid all the circumstances and want an efficient solution, opt for the Cigati OST to PST Converter. It will directly move your OST files to Gmail hassle-free. Moreover, you can also perform bulk conversion.
We have reached the end and hope you got enough information from this blog. We mentioned two procedures to import OST to Gmail. You can them out.
Lovely is a tech-savvy writer, with a keen interest in creating content for technology websites. As a technical content writer, she often writes about Data Migration, Backup & Recovery, and other similar topics. Lovely spends most of his time researching and writing about creativity, technology, and digital marketing trends.