The fundamental distinctions between MBOX and PST, the necessity of converting MBOX to PST, two manual techniques for doing so, and one approach suggested by experts will all be covered in this article. The user will get understanding and information from this, enabling them to use the best approach for their situation.
Microsoft Outlook is a widely used email service throughout the globe. It offers a multitude of functions to its users. For all these reasons, consumers are eager to convert MBOX files to PST files.
However, Apple Mail, Entourage, Eudora, and other programs mostly employ the MBOX file format to store email messages. For some strange reason, users have been in favor of manually converting MBOX files to PST files. Later on, we’ll talk about the several approaches to MBOX to PST conversion, including doing it by hand and utilizing software.
How to Use EML to Convert MBOX to PST?
This involves the following three main steps:
- Convert MBOX emails to an EML format.
- Outlook and EML files.
- Email export to PST.
First, convert MBOX Emails to EML files.
- Start by launching the MBOX email client. Right-clicking on a folder will choose New Folder.
- After renaming it, select “Create Folder.”
- Select the newly produced EML files to replace the ones you want.
- Once the transfer is finished, pick every file and choose Save As. All of the MBOX files will be saved to EML at the specified location as a result.
Step 2: Outlook to EML Files
- Unlock the folder that has all of your EML files.
- It’s simple to add these EML files to Outlook: just drag and drop them into any folder.
Step 3: Convert emails to PST format.
- Click File while your Outlook program is open.
- Select the Import/Export function by left-clicking on Open & Export.
- Next, click on Next after choosing Outlook Data File (.pst) as the file format.
- Select the folder containing all of the EML files, then click Next with a left mouse click.
- After inputting the path to the desired PST file storage location, click Finish.
- Ultimately, this will manually convert MBOX to PST.
- Converting MBOX to PST using email clients
Cons of Manually Converting MBOX to PST
- The process takes a very long time.
- Data loss or corruption can result from the omission of any step.
- Complete technical expertise is needed to do it flawlessly.
- Since each one must be transformed individually, it takes time.
The manual MBOX to PST conversion process can be complicated and time-consuming. We have a solution named MBOX to PST Converter that can help with this problem.
MBOX to PST Converter Tool by GainTools Software
This is the approach that professionals advise. MBOX to PST Converter Tool only requires a few simple steps that even a layperson can do flawlessly.
- The MBOX to PST Converter Tool should be installed and run as an administrator.
- There will be a chat window to choose between 32- and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook. Click OK after selecting the version you are currently using.
- The wizard in the program chooses Open from the menu in the upper-left corner.
- For the MBOX files to be added, click Add Files.
- After choosing the files or folders to convert, select Open>>OK.
- After scanning, all of the files and folders will be shown in a tree-structured fashion. Pick the files that you want.
- Make sure the Save as PST option is chosen before clicking Save and then clicking OK.
- Ultimately, every file will convert every MBOX file to PST format.
This blog was created to increase our users’ and clients’ knowledge. Everyday technical issues are the focus of this blog, such as manually converting MBOX to PST. Our specialists have tried and validated the two manual approaches that we have supplied. We advise utilizing a professional program, such as GainTools MBOX to PST Converter Tool, as the manual has certain limitations, as was previously explained.