Summary/Intro: In Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and all versions below, there are two ways to import EML files. The free manual approach is the first, and the automatic solution is the second. This post explains two simple ways to import EML files into an Outlook account.
Follow the instructions to transfer emails from EML files to Outlook with ease. Users must first understand a couple of the reasons for their transfer from EML to Microsoft Outlook before proceeding.
Motives for Converting EML to Outlook
Users can need to transfer emails from EML files to Outlook for a variety of reasons. Assume a person uses Outlook as his primary mail client and has some.eml files from Windows Live Mail. Additionally, he wants to use Outlook to view the earlier EML files. The user will then need to import EML into Outlook in this scenario.
Assume a person uses Outlook as his primary mail client and has some.eml files from Windows Live Mail. Additionally, he wants to use Outlook to view the earlier EML files. The user will then need to import EML into Outlook in this scenario.
As far as we are aware, there are many versions of Outlook, including Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and 2000. Outlook is becoming the standard mail client for both personal and business use among users these days. Thus, the user wants to transfer EML files to Outlook in this scenario.
Method 1: Manually Import EML Files into Outlook
You can move EML files into Outlook using the manual technique. It is advisable to take a current backup of your.eml files before switching to Outlook, though.
It should be noted that the manual approach to transferring EML files to Outlook is unreliable. Additionally, Windows Live Mail is needed. Large EML files cannot be successfully transferred to PST format using this method. Thus, I advise you to give the automated method of importing EML files into an Outlook account a try.
- You must first open Windows Live Mail and Outlook on your computer.
- Click File, select Export, and then Email Messages in Windows Live Mail.
- After choosing Microsoft Exchange, press Next.
- Click the OK button when the notification “All Email Will Be Exported to Microsoft Exchange Server or Microsoft Outlook” appears in the new pop-up window.
- Click OK after choosing the option for the whole email folder or the conversion of the necessary emails.
- Now, bide your time till the transfer procedure is finished.
- After receiving a successful message, click the Finish button.
Method 2: Use software to import EML into Outlook
The most effective way to move EML to Outlook 2016 or previous versions is with an automated solution. To import EML files into Outlook, you can use the EML to PST Converter download. Only a few clicks are needed to finish the procedure, as seen below:
The import procedure requires two stages to be completed.
- First, import EML files into Outlook.
- Explore the folder containing the EML files after downloading and installing the utility on your computer.
- View the entire dataset in the software preview panel before selecting the export button.
- Click on Export after choosing PST as the output file format and browsing the location.
Step 2: Open Outlook now and carry out
- Right now When Outlook is open, select File > Open & Export > Import Export.
- Click Next after selecting Import from another software (.pst).
- Examine the PST file that was created in Step 1 and have fun using Outlook to access EML files.
The output of the automated solution is a PST file. You can simply view the generated file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and 2000 after obtaining it. Both residential and business users can import EML files into Outlook with ease and feasibility when they utilize this method.
To Sum up,
Both methods of converting EML to Microsoft Outlook are explained in this article. EML files can be opened with Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and so on. Use Mailvita EML to PST Converter Software technique to effortlessly convert EML files to MS Outlook PST format. Get this utility’s free demo version.