Summary/Oversight: If you’re seeking a seamless way to import from Windows Live Mail to Outlook, you’ve landed on the right page. I’ll walk you through the top three methods, comprising manual techniques and a third-party solution, to facilitate the export from Windows Live Mail to PST. Additionally, I’ll introduce the ultimate Windows Live Mail Converter tool, ensuring a smooth and risk-free conversion process.
Once developed by Microsoft Corporation, Windows Live Mail (WLM) served as an email client but is now obsolete. Despite its initial popularity with features like syncing with Windows Live contacts and support for web-based email accounts, users are transitioning away from WLM in favor of alternative platforms like Microsoft Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook, evolving with each release, has become the preferred choice for professionals and business owners seeking an intelligent and efficient email client. As users shift their focus to Outlook, they often find the need to convert emails from Windows Live Mail to PST format.
Why do Users Opt for Transferring from Windows Live Mail to Outlook?
In contrast to Windows Live Mail, Outlook Email boasts a significantly larger user base. Managing email data in Windows Live Mail can pose challenges, whereas Outlook is renowned for its effective email data management capabilities. Microsoft has discontinued Windows Live Mail, ceasing updates for the platform. Periodically, Windows Live Mail encounters the error code 0x800ccc0f, impacting system security and performance.
Method 1: Manual Import from Windows Live Mail to Outlook Using WLM
- Begin by downloading, installing, and running Windows Live Mail on your device.
- Navigate to File > Export Mail > Email Message.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange from the drop-down list and click Next.
- Respond to the pop-up by clicking OK.
- Select Outlook from the drop-down list and click OK.
- Choose the desired directories or selected folder options in the Export Messages dialogue box before clicking OK.
- Monitor the progress in a new dialogue box.
- Get an email verifying that everything went through successfully?
Method 2: Import from Windows Live Mail to Outlook Using the WLM File Location
Unfortunately, Windows Live Mail files are located at C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail. This directory holds various folders with mailbox details. Transfer these files to a storage device, plug it into the new system, and establish Outlook. Add a new folder to complete the process.
Some Drawbacks of the Manual Method
- Time-consuming process for exporting.
- Significant effort is required.
- Inability to export with attachments.
- Lack of support for exporting multiple emails in one attempt.
- There is a risk of data loss during the manual process.
To overcome these challenges, consider the third-party method.
Method 3: Bulk Import from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
The third-party Mailvita EML to PST Converter for Mac & Windows provides a suitable and risk-free solution for exporting to PST format. Furthermore, the tool supports any email client that can open EML files, such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac/Apple Mail, IncrediMail, Spicebird, SeaMonkey, Sylpheed, Opera Mail, Entourage, PocoMail, Horde, and more. Get the free trial version here.
Reasons for Selecting This Third-Party Provider
The sophisticated capabilities of this third-party program to effectively transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook in bulk make it stand out. It is noteworthy because it provides the crucial ability to import attachments from Windows Live Mail into Outlook. The program lets users divide Outlook PST files according to their MB and GB sizes, which helps with file management even more. Furthermore, it guarantees an efficient exporting procedure by removing any redundant Windows Live Mail emails. All Windows OS versions, including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and previous iterations, are robustly compatible with it.
How to Utilize This Third-Party Software?
- Initiate the process by downloading, installing, and launching the Windows Live Mail Converter on your system.
- Choose between the Single File or Multiple Files/Folder options to browse EML files.
- Preview your files, select the folders for export, and proceed to the next step.
- Opt for PST as the saving format.
- Customize the export using built-in features and designate the destination location for the output folder.
- Finally, initiate the exporting process by clicking the Convert button.
This blog has delved into two effective methods for importing from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: the manual method and the third-party method. The third-party approach proves especially advantageous, saving significant time during the export of Windows Live Mail to PST. In contrast, the manual method requires more time for completion and cannot convert Windows Live Mail to Outlook in bulk. For those dealing with a large volume of WLM files and aiming to optimize time efficiency, the third-party method emerges as the preferred choice.