Oversight: Are you using email clients that save mailbox contents as MBOX files? Perhaps you would like to read the contents of an old MBOX that you have lying around using the most recent version of Microsoft Outlook.
Whatever the reason, we will help you with the MBOX to PST conversion procedure. To convert MBOX to PST, please carefully study this page and adhere to the steps. To start this discussion, let’s go over MBOX and PST files.
MBOX vs PST
Email content is stored in plain text format in files using the MBOX file format, which is an acronym for Mailbox. This type of file format stores the email content as a long text file. Many email programs, such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Netscape, Sea Monkey, and Entourage, use MBOX files.
One kind of folder file that Microsoft Outlook uses is called a PST (Personal Storage Table). Outlook stores the data for POP3, IMAP, and web-based email accounts. Moving a single PST file between machines and Outlook versions is easy. A single PST file can contain up to 50 GB of data, making file size the most notable characteristic of the most modern PST files.
Why convert MBOX to PST files?
With its amazing features and easy-to-use layout, Outlook is one of the most popular email applications on the market today. This is the reason why most users prefer Outlook over other email client providers.
- These are some of the principal arguments put forth by users to support their need for MBOX to PST conversion.
- Outlook is one of the best programs available, with a sophisticated user interface.
- Outlook PST files work with Microsoft Exchange Server and make work easier when done offline.
- Outlook can be used on several devices to send and receive emails.
- Spam screening, tracking, email scheduling, and many more features are among the many email capabilities accessible.
- Additionally, any corrupted MBOX file can be converted to a PST file with minimal to no data loss.
- Therefore, you can use any of the following approaches to convert for whatever purpose you have.
Let’s get started now.
Transform MBOX to PST.
As everyone knows, Microsoft does not allow us to import MBOX files directly into Outlook. You have to convert it to PST so that Outlook can open it with ease.
The methods for that are listed in the following:
Although it takes a lot of work, it is possible to manually convert MBOX files to PST files. As a result, you might need to consider the strategy of using automated phases. If you lack interest in technology or are not a technical person. You could find it too challenging to follow up with them, as they will need you to be very knowledgeable about a variety of instruments.
To finish the conversion procedure, adhere to the three stages of this methodology.
Convert to MBOX formats:
- Firstly, to export MBOX files to PST files, use these instructions.
- Open your email client and select New Folder from the menu when you right-click on a folder to convert it.
- Now that this MBOX file has been renamed, move all of your emails to that folder.
- Right-click on each email in the folder, select Save As, and save the file as an EML. Open the folder immediately.
Outlook view: You can now open emails in Outlook by just dragging and dropping an MBOX file. Launch the Outlook folder and drop the MBOX file into the specified folder.
Export to PST: Outlook allows you to export files to a PST file quickly once they’ve been read.
- Outlook must be opened in order to import or export. Then, choose File to Open and Export.
- Click Next after selecting the “Export to a file” option.
- You then need to highlight the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and choose it by clicking the Next button.
- Pick the EML folder from Outlook and the target place for the newly created file.
- You can designate the folder where a PST file is stored.
Technique of Automatic Conversion:
You can easily convert MBOX files to PST by using this type of approach. You can do the process with a third-party MBOX to PST Converter. A tool from a third party will be used to remove the intermediary steps. Today, we’re going to use the DataVare MBOX to PST Converter to show you will find the MBOX to Outlook PST Converter to be one of the best items available; it is really useful.
Here are the stages involved in the conversion:
- Download and install the MBOX to PST converter.
- To get started, launch the converter and choose Add MBOX file from the top menu.
- You can browse and add a folder or files in the dialog box that appears next. Once the files or folders have been selected, click the Add MBOX files option.
- The next window will appear with the Export Type selection shown. Select “Export in PST.”
- Once you click the export button, the process will begin.
- Allow the tool to run for a couple of minutes. Export your data to an entirely new PST file.
- The export report can be seen and saved if desired.
- Exporting the MBOX file to a new PST file can be completed without any problems in this way.
To easily convert your MBOX file to PST, choose the conversion method that best meets your needs right now. Additionally, a demo/trial edition of DataVare MBOX to PST Converter is included, allowing you to convert the first few items in each folder.